CEED Hub’s INVESTMENT READINESS PROGRAM:
From Concept to Capital
To empower promising startups and entrepreneurs with the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to become investment-ready and secure funding from business angels.
CEED Hub’s INVESTMENT READINESS PROGRAM aims to bridge the gap between promising startups and angel investors, fostering a thriving ecosystem of innovation and investment.
CEED Hub’s INVESTMENT READINESS PROGRAM is a program designed to guide early-stage entrepreneurs through a comprehensive journey, equipping them with the knowledge, skills, and network necessary to secure investments from business angels. The program is structured to provide hands-on training, mentorship, and networking opportunities, culminating in a pitch event where entrepreneurs present their refined business propositions to a panel of business angels.
The program starts with a pitch session of all eligible candidates out of which a cohort of 7-8 will be selected to go through the program.
- Introduction of the program to the selected startups, team building, and goal setting.
- Diagnostic assessments to identify strengths and areas for improvement.
- Workshops on fundamental business concepts, market analysis, financial modeling, business valuation, pitch development, and legal considerations.
- Understanding the landscape and positioning your business for success.
Education and Skill Development:
- In-depth sessions on business strategy, financial management, and legal aspects of startups.
- Specialized workshops on effective pitching, communication, and negotiation skills.
- One-on-one mentoring with business angels, experienced entrepreneurs and industry experts.
- Matching startups with experienced mentors who provide personalized guidance.
- Workshops facilitated by mentors focusing on refining business strategies, polishing pitches, and navigating the investment landscape.
Due Diligence Preparation:
- Guidance on preparing comprehensive due diligence documentation.
- Legal and financial experts conducting sessions on compliance, risk mitigation, and transparency.
- Risk management: Anticipating and mitigating potential pitfalls.
- Participants work on refining their business models, value propositions, and go-to-market strategies.
- Mock pitching sessions with constructive feedback from mentors and peers.
- Access to resources for prototyping, market testing, and product development.
- Events featuring successful entrepreneurs, investors, and industry leaders, potential partners, advisors, and fellow entrepreneurs.
- Virtual and in-person meetups to expand the participants’ professional networks.
- Exclusive events where startups can showcase their progress and products.
Investor Relations Preparation:
- In-depth understanding of the mindset and expectations of business angels.
- Guidance on creating compelling pitch decks and investment proposals.
- Simulated Q&A sessions to prepare entrepreneurs for investor interactions.
Pitch Development Bootcamp:
- Intensive training on crafting a compelling and concise pitch.
- Mock pitching sessions with feedback from mentors, peers, and industry experts.
- A culminating event where participants pitch their refined business propositions to a panel of business angels.
- Opportunities for Q&A and feedback from the investor panel.
- Networking reception for participants and investors to connect further.
- Successful pitches may lead to investment offers from participating business angels.
- Facilitation of negotiations and due diligence processes.
- Continued support for entrepreneurs post-investment to ensure successful scaling.
- Access to resources, workshops, and networking events to help startups scale and succeed.
Benefits for Entrepreneurs:
- Skill Enhancement: Develop crucial entrepreneurial skills.
- Network Expansion: Connect with industry leaders, mentors, and potential investors with valuable long-term contacts
- Refined Business Proposition: Receive feedback and refine your business model for success.
- Investment Opportunities: Gain the chance to secure funding for your startup from the business angels of CEED Macedonia. This opportunity is of a competitive nature, so the most successful will start investment negotiations.
- Prepared documents for access to finance that startups can utilize for investments from other sources.
- Membership in the CEED community.
Benefits for Investors:
- Curated Deal Flow: Access to a pool of vetted and well-prepared startups.
- Networking: Engage with promising entrepreneurs and fellow investors.
- Diversified Portfolio: Explore opportunities in various industries and sectors.
- Mentorship Opportunities: Provide guidance and expertise to emerging entrepreneurs.
By combining education, mentorship, networking, and a structured pitching process, this program aims to not only prepare startups for investment but also to foster lasting connections between entrepreneurs and business angels, creating a supportive ecosystem for innovation and growth.
- What are the conditions I need to meet to become part of the Investment Readiness Program?
Be the founder of a startup (an innovative company with the potential for rapid growth, with innovative product/service), be able to attend the sessions, be open to partnership with business angels in the form of investment, and be dedicated exclusively to your startup (running a startup is not your hobby).
- What can I expect from the Investment Readiness Program?
You can expect direct access to investors, support in preparing documents needed to receive investments, individual and group sessions, meetings with domestic and foreign experts, exchange of experiences and knowledge, a lot of socializing, and contacts with people from the ecosystem who are ready to provide support and assistance. Inclusion in the Investment Readiness Program also means inclusion in the CEED community, which counts several thousand entrepreneurs and managers with different experiences, knowledge, and business stories.
- How do I apply?
By filling out the form here, you enter the applicant database. You will receive a notification whether your startup is invited to a pitch session for entering the program. In the meantime, you may receive a call from our team for more detailed information.
- When does the program start and how long does it last?
The program starts on 24 November 2023 and ends on 30 January 2023 with a DEMO DAY. Throughout the program, sessions will be held twice a week within working hours.
- Will the program be held online or with a physical presence?
The program will be realized in a mixed manner, with nearly half of the sessions with a physical presence.
Considering the success of the previous online Investment Readiness Program, we expect a successful combination of knowing the challenges of online meetings and the benefits of physical presence. For the duration of the entire program, startups can use the Hub premises free of charge.
- Can teams be registered?
Yes. We expect startups to participate with their teams keeping in mind that business angels are less likely to invest in individuals.
- What type of investment would you have available?
Considering that startups pitch primarily in front of private investors, the type of investment is subject to negotiation and agreement. In the CEED Business Angels Club investments are usually done in the form of a share in a company, a convertible loan, or a combination of both types.
Besides the business angels, CEED Hub invited venture funds, banks, corporates, and other potential investors on the final pitch in order to increase the access to finance of startups.
- How much investment can I expect?
Business angels in Macedonia usually invest from 30,000 to 50,000 euros but exceptions are possible. Other sources are subject to negotiation and availability of funds.
FOR BUSINESS ANGELS
- What are the conditions for joining the CEED Business Angels Club?
To be part of the CEED Business Angels, you need to have the will to help entrepreneurs who are at the beginning of the road to success through financial support, mentoring, contacts, counseling, and individual meetings.
Regarding the technical conditions, it is necessary to:
o You have managed/run a business for at least 6 years
o Set aside 5,000 – 10,000 euros per year for investing in startups
o To allocate time for your training conducted by CEED in order to make better investments and greater benefit for you and the startup in which you invest
o Set aside a few hours a month for support/meetings with startups
o To pay an annual membership fee
- How can I apply for membership?
Apply by contacting CEED Hub here and expect an interview with a representative of our team who will present information on membership details, obligations, and benefits. If the business angel confirms the membership, a membership agreement is signed.
- What can I expect from the CEED Business Angels Club?
o At least 2 pitching sessions per year
o Ready startups for investment
o Opportunity to invest in prepared quality startups
o Regular training by top professionals
o Peer learning from other business angels
o Invitations to participate in international events
o Networking and contacts with relevant people from the ecosystem
o Membership in the CEED community
This program is organized with the support of the USAID Youth Actively Create Opportunities Activity, implemented by Improving Economies for Stronger Communities (IESC), in partnership with Center for Entrepreneurship and Executive Development CEED Hub Skopje and Youth Educational Forum (YEF). The author’s views expressed on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of the USAID or the United States Government.