Implementing Social Entrepreneurship Program – UPSHIFT
UNICEF & FITD
December 2019 – December 2020
Foundation CEED Hub Skopje – Sole implementer
UPSHIFT is a program developed by UNICEF and aims at solving social problems and challenges to help young people develop new skills, learn more about social entrepreneurship and gain new friendships.
The project is continuation of the UPSHIFT Phase 1 program, and will be focused on the following:
- Participation of additional 120 students in a series of design thinking workshops and coaching sessions, where they will be taught skills such as critical thinking, communication, teamwork, entrepreneurship and project management.
- Capacity building and mentorship activities with teachers about successful implementation of the design thinking methodology into classroom practices.
- Support sustainability of established social enterprises by development of business and entrepreneurship skills of teachers and students and enhance collaboration between schools and the local business sector.
To achieve its purpose, the project is focusing on several specific objectives:
- Raising awareness about social entrepreneurship and social responsibility.
- Increased personal empowerment, learning and employability skills in youth.
- Increase teacher’s capacity to deliver UPSHIFT methodology in schools.
- Support sustainability of established social enterprises
- Increased entrepreneurial and employability skills in youth
- Improved school curriculum for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Established school-based social enterprises