Business Support and Learning for Growth Project
December 2010 – December 2012
CEED Macedonia, Lead Implementer, CEED Kosovo, Subcontractor, IDI Kosovo, Subcontractor
Description of the project (incl. objectives, project components, beneficiaries, etc.):
The main goal of this project was to accelerate economic growth by up skilling young entrepreneurs, students and unemployed, in order to create new jobs. The Project had three components: Cisco Entrepreneurs Institute “Starting a Business,” trainings, Young Entrepreneurs Class training program and Business Support Services.
- Cisco Entrepreneurs Institute “Starting a Business” was licensed by the internationally recognized Cisco Entrepreneurs Institute which includes trainings on: evaluating business potential, developing business plans, accounting, marketing, business communication, how to finance your business and more.
- Young Entrepreneurs Class (YEC): 72 established businesses went through practical trainings which included the topics of: leadership and HR, Finance for Entrepreneurs, Marketing, Promotion and Market Analysis, Sales and Negotiations, Networking and more.
- Business Support Services included Virtual Assistance for YEC and Incubation Services for Cisco EI Entrepreneur Institute participants. The virtual assistance supports all companies/entrepreneurs/managers to access at local/regional market; provide consultant services for different companies and sectors; office space; equipment; administrative support. Incubation Service supports startups through offering them administrative and consultative assistance at our CEED Kosovo office in Prishtina in order for them not to have a high initial cost for the first 3-6 months in the beginning of their business.
Description of the delivered services by CEED:
CEED Macedonia as lead implementer was responsible for overall coordination and management of project activities including:
- Design and implementation of Practical Business and Entrepreneurial Learning Programs (Young Entrepreneurs Class)
- Design and implementation of Incubation and Business Support Services for Local and Regional Growth
- Design of Grants scheme, selection of Grants for starting a business and for SMEs and monitoring of implementation of received grants.
- Financial and administrative reporting
- Monitoring and evaluation.
Project results and impact achieved:
- 2 Successful Generations of Young Entrepreneurs Class YEC with 74 participants have finished their trainings and become able to grow their Business.
- 16 groups of Cisco Entrepreneur Institute Starting a Business Courses realized and 253 young people went through this business course.
- Some form of Consultancy services provided to all participants.
- Awarded total of 78 grants (36 to YEC candidates, 42 to Starting a Business Course participants)
- Jobs created: 78 full time, and 25 seasonal.